Building a new shed is a farmer’s next biggest investment after buying the farm. We’re proud that so many Taranaki farmers have trusted us to do the job.
How we work:
- We come to you. Give us a call and we’ll be out to your place. Tell us about your herd, show us the site and talk about the way you want to farm.
- Have a nosey at other sheds. Jump into the vehicle and we’ll take you to meet other satisfied clients who’ll show you around their operations.
- Share our experience. No two farms or farmers are the same and we’ll personalise a design for you. Tell us where you want to spend money and where you don’t. Options can include different roofing materials and wall claddings, layout variations, different configurations within the shed and extras like underpasses, children’s rooms, vet rooms and platforms, offices and toilets. We’ll also design and build other exterior components that link into the shed.
- Think about future proofing. We work with some of the most forward-thinking farmers in Taranaki. New regulatory requirements mean greater demand for effluent ponds and controlled run-offs on yards, races and feed pads. We’ve also worked with clients to install solar power and water recycling systems.
- Plan ahead with us. Talk to us early and get the planning underway even if the payout’s down and you won’t be able to build immediately . We’ll keep in touch until the time is right for you to start your job.
- Work out your partnerships. Our consultative process lets you make the decisions about milking machine providers, engineers, electricians, pre-casting, roofing etc. We like to surround ourselves with the best people and are happy to make recommendations.
- Rely on our pricing. We’ll provide you with a clear quote that can be taken to your bank manger if funding is required. Our experience means we can confidently go fixed-price on sheds. No hidden costs or surprises.
- Trust us to manage the job. At no additional cost we’ll manage the project, leaving you to get on with running the farm. Ben Hawke is overall manager for all farm projects and you can call him anytime. All our foremen are fully licensed building practitioners and our apprentices have experience on dairy projects and new homes.
- Finish on time. We pride ourselves on our ability to meet deadlines. We know that time overruns cost farmers money.